Asian Fellowship (ASF) of Mission21 /ユースセミナー募集案内
テーマ：Save Forest Save Generation of All Creation
主催：パプア・インドネシア基督教会(GKI Tanah Papua)
FAX: 03-3207-3918 (TEL:03-3202-0544)
・ 森林破壊がもたらす影響、特に森林保全への若い世代の役割についての実用知識を提供すること。 (セミナー)
Invitation of ASF Youth Workshop
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
According to the Youth Conference in General Assembly of ASF which was held in South Korea on November 2015, we are delighted to inform and invite you to participate in ASF Youth Workshop with its topic of Save Forest Save Generation of All Creation. The workshop will be hosted by Indonesia Christian Church in Papua (GKI Tanah Papua) on 1-7 November 2016. Workshop will take place in Raja Ampat Islands.
Delegations of this workshop are from partner institutions of Mission 21 in Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Hongkong, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan). Therefor, we invite two youth (a male and a female) from your institution to participate in this workshop. For the participant criteria, please take a look on the attachment.
Accomodation and meal will be covered by the committee. Flights expense from your country to Jakarta and Jakarta to Sorong, round trip Sorong – Raja Ampat will be covered as well by the committee (reimbursement will be paid in Sorong). Visa (if needed) and flights back from Sorong to your country are not covered by the committee but the sending institutional and or the delegations instead.
Registration of delegations has been started from the date of this letter until 30 September 2016. Registration form could be sent before the deadline to e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have qouestions, do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you very much for your cooperation, may the Lord bless us.
Youth Coordinator of ASF M21
- I. INTRODUCTION
Environmental issues are important for youth since youth is part of the future. Fail in maintaining natural resources will give significant impact to the youth future. Awareness of youth regarding environmental issues is needed to be raised.
Indonesia belongs to the world’s largest forest nations, and forests cover more than 70% of the country’s total land area. However, Indonesia’s forests are disappearing in an alarming rate mainly due to the conversion of forests in other land-uses, and as a result of unsustainable forest management, forest fires and illegal logging. Forest fires in Indonesia is not only national problem but also global, particularly in Asia regional. Conversion of forest into massive palm oil plantation is one of the causes of forest fires. In regard of palm oil plantation, Asian countries play important role as Indonesia and Malaysia are two of main producers of palm oil in global market to feed growing demand of some other Asian countries like China and India.
Deforestation due to forest fires not only decreases the quality of environment of human being but also all living creatures. Forest fires also decimates the habitat of endangered species like orangutans, Sumatra tigers, Borneo rhinos, etc.
Deforestation is the world’s problem. Clearing rainforest becomes critical factor in climate change. The quality of forest in a country not only contributes nationally but also to the neighborhood countries, even globally. Awareness and practical action from young people especially in Asia is important to maintain the livable world for all creation in the present and in the future.
- II. PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS
- 1. Limitations
Workshop focuses on forestry issues such as deforestry, forest fires, correlation between forest and palm oil, forest promblem’s impact on endemic species, rights of the indigenous people of their forest, etc. Workshop’s materials should cover the relationship between forest and all living creatures’ life as God’s creation. Workshop is expected to give a chance to participants to do live in with people around the forest and to conduct field study.
- 2. Name of Workshoop
Save Forest Save Generation of All Creation
- 3. Time
1-7 November 2016
- 4. Venue
Raja Ampat Islands – GKI Tanah Papua, Indonesia.
- 5. Objectives
- Equipping participants with pratical knowledge of forestry problems and its causes, impacts of deforestation particularly in the future and role of young generation in protecting forest. (workshop)
- Giving a chance to participants to live together with people around the forest. (live in)
- Showing to young generation of the current situation of forest and its correlation with all living creatures. (field study)
- 6. Expected Outputs
- Participants will be equipped with practical knowledge of correlation between forest and all living creatures‘ life as God’s creation, degradation of forest and its impacts in the present and in the future.
- Participants will have awareness and ability to act out practically in protecting forest.
- Action Plans such as recommendation for each denomination to give a sermon about the workshop’s topic, #SaveForest campaign in each denomination, etc.
- 7. Participant Criteria
- Youth from partner institutions of Mission 21 in Asia. Each institution send two of their youth in which consist of a male and a female.
- Able to fully participate the workshop.
- Able to contribute to the discussions and to share their ideas.
- Able to communicate in English.
- The delegation have to be in between 17-35 years old during the workshop.
YOUTH ASF WORKSHOP
SAVE FOREST SAVE GENERATION OF ALL CREATION
|Name of delegation|
|Place and date of birth|
|Identity number (Passport)|
* choose one